Harmony Coffee Roaster
GONZALO OROSCO (Next Roast 29th Nov)
PRODUCER: GONZALO OROSCO
FARM: LA CASCADA
IMPORTER: GREEN COLLECTION
PROCESSING METHOD: 96-HR ANAEROBIC SEMI-WASHED
Gonzalo's Finca La Cascada can be found at an elevation of 1500 meters above sea level in Tolima, Colombia. On this 20-hectare property, various coffee varietals, including Red Bourbon, Caturra, and a significant portion of Geisha, are carefully cultivated. Gonzalo follows an agricultural approach that prioritizes the well-being of the environment and the ecosystems that sustain his robust coffee plants. The coffee is primarily grown beneath a canopy of shade trees, creating natural habitats for local wildlife and providing the essential protection and nutrients necessary for the coffee trees to yield high-quality coffee.
1. Manual harvest.
2. Hand sorted and screened.
3. Floated for density.
4. Cherries are pulped and placed in 220ltr Drums
5. Cherry is fully submerged in clean potable water.
6. Fermented fully submerged in water for 96 hours with lid on.
7. Parchment is then washed to remove the remaining mucilage.
8. Clean parchment is then placed on raised beds in a parabolic greenhouse.
9. Parchment is then left to dry for a period of between 16 - 22 days.